vikesrule
13 years ago

I am scared of the curse. I voted for Suh.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I voted for Rodgers....(c'mon curse!) ::wink:

"vikesrule" wrote:

Reduced to superstitions to stop the[strike] awesomeness[/strike][strike] that is [/strike]Aaron Rodgers? After that 31-3 beatdown last year in the shit hole, I guess you have that right.

"El3ment12" wrote:

At this point, I'll take whatever I can get.
DakotaT
13 years ago

At this point, I'll take whatever I can get.

"vikesrule" wrote:

Bet your ass! Check this out VR:

Why the Vikings are the most inept team in professional sports history

** 4 Superbowl losses

** 5 straight losses in NFC Championship games

**Gary Anderson who had just completed the first perfect regular season in NFL history (not missing a single extra point or field goal attempt the entire year), missed a 38-yard attempt with less than 2 minutes remaining in NFC championship game that most likely puts Vikes in Superbowl in 98.

**in 2003 Arizonas last second touchdown on 4th and 28 against Vikings eliminated Vikings from playoffs. The moment of Arizonas touchdown was actually the first moment the entire season in which the Vikings hadnt led their division. The Vikings became the second team in football history to miss the playoffs after getting off to a 6-0 start

**The Hail Mary pass Drew Pearson caught against the Vikes in 75 NFC championship to give Dallas the win in the final minute.

**Jim Marshalls wrong way run

**The Herschel Walker trade in which Vikings gave Dallas three 1st rounders, three 2nd rounders, plus a 3rd and a 6th rounder in addition to 5 players. Walker lasts only 3 seasons in Minnesota
** In 1999 the Vikings select Michigan State Defensive end Dimitrius Underwood with the 29th overall pick. Underwood spent one day in camp and walked out. It was eventually shown Underwood suffered from mental Illness. The ineptness of the Vikings comes into play because his coaches at Michigan State warned NFL scouts that he was not mentally stable enough to play in the NFL.
**Vikings despite being favored, The Vikings lose 41-0 in NFC championship game in 2000.
**Green Bays Antonio Freeman makes one of the all time great miracle catches in overtime to defeat Vikings in 2000
**2003 In yet another move of ineptness the Vikings are on the board in the first round of the 2003 draft with the 7th overall pick. The Vikings missed the deadline to make the pick. Meanwhile, the two teams immediately behind Minnesota on the board Jacksonville and Carolina rushed their cards to the podium in New York and made their picks before the Vikings.
** With 19 seconds remaining in the 2010 NFC Championship game the Vikings call a timeout on 3rd and 10 at the Saints 33 yard line. They had one timeout remaining, so the smart money was on them running the ball and hoping to gain four to five yards thus setting up an approximately 45-yard field goal as time expired to win the game. On that next play the Vikings are penalized for 12 men in the huddle. The penalty pushed them out of FG range and most likely cost them a trip to the Superbowl. See below for nail in the coffin on the next play
**2010 Favre`s 4th down 4th quarter interception with seconds remaining vs Saints in NFC championship puts New Orleans in Superbowl.
* Between 1986 and 1990, nine Vikings were arrested for drunken driving, and receiver Buster Rhymes was treated for cocaine dependency.

* In 1988, citing overwhelming negative response from the public, the Vikings released convicted sex offender Mossy Cade.

* In 1994, Joey Browner is charged with third-degree rape in Minneapolis. Charges are later dismissed.

* In 1995, running back Keith Henderson pleaded guilty to three counts of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct.

* 1995, Star Minnesota Vikings quarterback Warren Moon is arrested in Houston and charged with misdemeanor assault after he slapped his wife, choking her nearly to the point of unconsciousness. Moon is later acquitted after his wife refuses to testify. A few months previously, Moon had been charged with sexual assault by a Vikings cheerleader in a case that was settled out of court.

* That year, Moon allegedly struck his wife in the head with an open hand and choked her to the point where she almost passed out, according to police in Missouri City, Texas.

She did not press charges and, although the case went to trial anyway, Moon was found not guilty.

* In 1995, the Star Tribune reported that the Vikings paid $150,000 to head off a sexual harassment suit against Vikings assistant coach Richard Solomon, coach Dennis Greens closest friend on the staff.

* In 1996, James Harris, Minnesota Vikings defensive end, pleads guilty to third-degree assault for beating his wife.

* In 1999, safety Orlando Thomas was disciplined by the NFL after pleading no contest to the misdemeanor charge of simple battery on his wife.

* In 2002, receiver Randy Moss knocked a traffic cop to the ground with his car, then was charged with drug possession. He later reached an out-of-court settlement with the officer.

* In 2002, two women claimed to be sexually assaulted at the teams Arctic Blast fundraiser.

* In 2004, linebackers E.J. Henderson and Michael Nattiel and tight end Steve Farmer were arrested after officers said they saw the players assaulting a man outside the Tabu nightclub in Minneapolis.

* In 2005, running back Onterrio Smith was suspended by the NFL for a year for violating the leagues substance abuse policy, two months after being caught at an airport with The Original Whizzinator, a kit designed to circumvent drug tests.

* Also in 2005, coach Mike Tice was fined by the NFL for scalping Super Bowl tickets, and defensive tackle Kevin Williams was arrested on charges of domestic abuse.

* Wide receiver Kelly Campbell driving a stolen SUV high with a stolen and weapon, with 16 grams of marijuana

* Daunte Culpeppers SUV involved in drug arrest

* Former running back Ted Brown was indicted by a Mille Lacs County grand jury in late 2003 on first-and third-degree criminal sexual conduct charges after an incident at a team function on Lake Mille Lacs. He remains free on bail.

Brown is charged in a February 2003 incident during the Vikings annual Arctic Blast event at Eddys Resort. Prosecutors allege that Brown forced sex on an intoxicated woman who was unable to consent.

* Tommy Kramer DUI
* Donald Igwebuike involved in drug trafficking
* Robert Tate threatening to have the mother of his child beaten up by his cousin
* Kenny Mixon not 1, not 2, but 3 DUIs while with the team
* Former Executive Mike Kelly getting a DUI going to bail out players at the Arctic Blast
* Denny Green Sexual Harassment Allegations
* EJ Henderson DUI * While every team makes draft blunders I especially like this one. In 2005 the Vikings passed on Aaron Rodgers twice. Once, to draft wide receiver Troy Williamson at No. 7 and again at No. 18 picking defensive end Erasmus James. Neither lived up to their hype and even more noteworthy both arent on the roster
* January 2011 Vikings De Everson Griffin being arrested 2 times within 3 days. He was Drunk in public and then 3 days later was tased by the police after trying to run away after being pulled over for suspicion of felony battery.
* 2010 Vikings trade a 3rd round draft pick to Patriots for WR Randy Moss. Moss is cut 4 games later

*Oh, yeah, that whole sex boat scandal too.
UserPostedImage
millertime
13 years ago
That's just sad. You shouldn't kick a man while he's down.

Oh wait... he's not a man, he's a Viking fan. :violent3:
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
Whatever happened to Dimitrius Underwood?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
vikesrule
13 years ago

Bet your ass! Check this out VR:......

"DakotaT" wrote:

DakotaT 
DakotaT
13 years ago
VR, sorry can't take credit for that. I just copied and pasted. It really is a bitch when you take it all in at once like that. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be up at 4:15 with some kind of slam for me. Sleep well little buckaroo.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago
Lol if the 2011 season is canceled and Madden 2011 features endless courtroom melodrama and closed door meetings.
13 years ago

does anyone take the madden curse seriously?

"Jacob" wrote:

Dude. I don't even believe in "God".

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

macbob
13 years ago
Here's our chance to avoid the Madden curse (for those true believers) and cast a vote for Peyton Hillis. Make Mike Golic's day by showcasing Peyton's arms on the cover of Madden...

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/6330287/peyton-hillis-dominating-madden-vote 

Peyton Hillis dominating 'Madden' vote

by Jon Robinson

Led by an online campaign that includes front page treatment on ClevelandBrowns.com, as well as ongoing Twitter and Facebook campaigns by his team, Peyton Hillis has jumped out to a shockingly large lead over Aaron Rodgers in the "Madden NFL 12" cover vote.

This would be the biggest upset of the tournament by far, as we have a running back who not too long ago was unwanted by the Broncos (a team in desperate need of a back), going up against the reigning Super Bowl MVP.

But with the Cleveland sports scene showing up big for Hillis, could he take the vote all the way to the "Madden 12" cover?

Either way, looks like this race is going to be a lot closer than I initially thought.

ESPN Videogames Blog wrote:

UserPostedImage
StoicFire
13 years ago
Peyton Hillis on the cover of a Madden game would make me very sad... I feel that many others are far more deserving.

Perhaps however, his victory would cause the Madden people to realize that a poorly publicized vote for the cover isn't exactly a brilliant idea.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
beast (13h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.